- About us
Nancy Keating is a 25 year Carmel resident and graduate of Indiana University.
She discovered her passion for mosaics in 1997 and began her mosaic journey.
Ms. Keating has since worked with tradesmen and professional tile installers to gain technical expertise. Intensive training at the Institute of Mosaic Art in Oakland, California has honed her artistic technique and mosaic craftsmanship. Notably, Ms. Keating studied under renowned mosaic artists, including Laurel True and Isaiah Zagar.
Ms. Keating’s mosaic style is heavily influenced by her travels in the U.S. and abroad and she finds particular inspiration in the brightly colored mosaics of Antonio Gaudi of Madrid, Spain.
Her mosaic style is contemporary and marked by the festive use of vibrant colors, reflective textures and an occasional touch of whimsy. She works in her local studio and has created countless mosaic pieces, including public works of art and architectural residential installations.
Her works can be found at ArtSplash Gallery in the Carmel Arts and Design District, area juried art shows and on her website, mosaicsgarden.com
My mind bursts with colors and textures, pieces and parts, shapes and movement. Bringing this mosaic of ideas together in my art brings me tranquility.
I work in contemporary mosaic art for the joy and the happiness it brings me. The process of creating a whole from the pieces continues to gratify and delight me.
There are no hard fast rules in contemporary mosaic art. I am free to color outside the lines and create with unlimited substrates and a myriad of tesserae and mediums… glass, mirror, stone, ceramic, china, found objects, old jewelry.
The meaning of my art is simple: to impart joy. I want people to be drawn to the colors, the textures, the reflections of light ...and perhaps smile.
- Lynn Andalman - Acrylic paintings
- Cindy Cradler - Oil Paintings & Pencil Drawings
- Shawn Deitch - Oil paintings
- Dennis Ellman - Water media, acrylic and oil paintings
- Nancy Keating - Contemporary mosaics
- Lynne Medsker - Mixed media and digital artwork
- Marie Reamer - Fine art photographs
- Kathleen Rice - Water based media and mixed media with handmade paper
- Robert Shade - Oil & acrylic paintings
- Valentina Shvyrkova - Oil paintings
- Erika Woods - Calligraphy, graphic design