- About us
Eleanor lives and works in rural western Indiana, where the Wesch family farm and the Little Vermillion Vineyard are also located. As well as being an elementary art teacher for nearly 20 years, she has had a lifelong involvement in art. Painting is her first love, but she has worked and traveled throughout the United States as a product demonstrator in the craft/hobby industry, designing projects that promote various products and has taught at related national conventions.
Eleanor also spends a great amount of time in her art studio - The Coloring Room - where she paints large acrylic or watercolor paintings. Eleanor’s love of art has allowed her to work in many mediums. She has designed hats, custom hat stands and floorcloths, jewelry, collage, and various decorative items for the home. She and friends open The Coloring Room on occasion for the public to view and purchase artworks.
Eleanor also attends regional art shows and festivals annually including Penrod and others.
Embark on a visual journey to intimate parts of my garden where flowers and foliage sing their colors and choose their shapes and textures. Ever-changing as they grow, they mature and expire to become food and fuel for the next generation of gardens and artworks. Much like the flora in my garden, I feel my art is perennial.
My paintings start as actual flowers and plants which I sketch from life before transferring them to canvas. I try to capture the exact colors and patterns of each flower and present them in a way that will hopefully captivate the viewer, using layers of acrylic to build up the surface until each painting reaches it's maximum saturation and matches the incredible color one sees in nature.
I hope you've enjoyed the journey through my art as much as I have enjoyed creating it!
- Lynn Andalman - Acrylic paintings
- Shawn Deitch - Oil paintings
- Dennis Ellman - Water media, acrylic and oil paintings
- Nancy Keating - Contemporary mosaics
- Lynne Medsker - Mixed media and digital artwork
- Marie Reamer - Fine art photographs
- Kathleen Rice - Water based media and mixed media with handmade paper
- Robert Shade - Oil & acrylic paintings
- Valentina Shvyrkova - Oil paintings
- Eleanor Wesch - Acrylic paintings
- Erika Woods - Calligraphy, graphic design